Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Well,seen another post on using PVC..Well,I decided to try&pc. some together..I have made mine to just hang over top rail..Work great..Just made them a little to long..Going to shorten them up a little.First go around&turn out very well.Will post picture soon.Had $40 in material using 1in pvc."Thicker wall"..Believe will hold up good.

Got them back on this evening..Got some 1/2 pvc to make a tray in the bottom to saddle the cover instead of just hanging.Gota make another trip to lowe's to get a couple thing's to finish up..I'm very impressed..Just a brain fart&no exact measurement's ,just all by eye.

Alway's used a cover since having the pool..Alway's hated taking off&on.But,the benefit's of having one out weigh's the ugg of handling.My pool is old&can't find part's for it no-more so I didn't want to drill any hole's in it..So I figured if I can make them to slip over top rail would be the way..It all come's back apart .The sadle's are glue'd..The bottom 1/2 in. pvc are not glued ..Used tie-strap's to put them together.

I really like you design, especially the fact that you do not need to "permanently attach" it too the pool. One thought, could you move the part that is pushing on the metal pool wall, so that it pushes on a vertical instead?

linen said:
I really like you design, especially the fact that you do not need to "permanently attach" it too the pool. One thought, could you move the part that is pushing on the metal pool wall, so that it pushes on a vertical instead?
Thank's.I thought the samething..But,it's not putting any pressure on the wall.I will keep a eye on it...Surprising that there is no pressure to the wall.The weight is on on the the top rail.The top of the sadles are a tight fit&are held in place on each side of the lip.Take's a little force to get them off&on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ericjr7210 said:
Looks great. Do you have any measurements? I know some will be specific to my coping and pool but just looking for more info on what you did.
No measurement's.Just did the first one by eye & made the other two off of it..I first made them to long&had to shorten them up..Work's great so far.

I took a simple route and folded mine in half, rolled it inside a tarp and used rope and bungee cords to hang it from the fence. It's ugly, but I had it covered with the tarp laying on the ground. (which was even worse)

What a fantastic, inexpensive idea!
Thanks for posting this - I'm going to have to try a version of this.

I love my solar cover, it helps keep my temp higher during these cool summer nights.

I cut my cover in half and it's so much more manageable.
When I put it back on, I just make sure to overlap the 2 pieces - hasn't moved or blown in the least.

The design of the posted pictures is dangerous. 1. makes a great laddeer for kids to climb in pool. 2. push down on the top pipe far fron the pool and you cave in the pool. The original is looking beter to me

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.