Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

1. Back To Top    #1

Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

Well,seen another post on using PVC..Well,I decided to try&pc. some together..I have made mine to just hang over top rail..Work great..Just made them a little to long..Going to shorten them up a little.First go around&turn out very well.Will post picture soon.Had $40 in material using 1in pvc."Thicker wall"..Believe will hold up good.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

Sounds good, but it would be nice to see a picture or two
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Got them back on this evening..Got some 1/2 pvc to make a tray in the bottom to saddle the cover instead of just hanging.Gota make another trip to lowe's to get a couple thing's to finish up..I'm very impressed..Just a brain fart&no exact measurement's ,just all by eye.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Project is done!!!Here some picture's..I just put this together by eye..

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks good. Thanks for the pics. I might try something like this. We have a solar cover but seldom use it due to it being hard to manage and the problem of where to put it when we take it off.
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Alway's used a cover since having the pool..Alway's hated taking off&on.But,the benefit's of having one out weigh's the ugg of handling.My pool is old&can't find part's for it no-more so I didn't want to drill any hole's in it..So I figured if I can make them to slip over top rail would be the way..It all come's back apart .The sadle's are glue'd..The bottom 1/2 in. pvc are not glued ..Used tie-strap's to put them together.

7. Back To Top    #7

I really like you design, especially the fact that you do not need to "permanently attach" it too the pool. One thought, could you move the part that is pushing on the metal pool wall, so that it pushes on a vertical instead?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    I really like you design, especially the fact that you do not need to "permanently attach" it too the pool. One thought, could you move the part that is pushing on the metal pool wall, so that it pushes on a vertical instead?
    Thank's.I thought the samething..But,it's not putting any pressure on the wall.I will keep a eye on it...Surprising that there is no pressure to the wall.The weight is on on the the top rail.The top of the sadles are a tight fit&are held in place on each side of the lip.Take's a little force to get them off&on.

9. Back To Top    #9

I am going to make this for my pool once it is installed. I really like the idea. Going to make a float holder too. Yours looks really good.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Glock
    I am going to make this for my pool once it is installed. I really like the idea. Going to make a float holder too. Yours looks really good.
    Thank You...

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great. Do you have any measurements? I know some will be specific to my coping and pool but just looking for more info on what you did.
    24' Round AG, 54" wall height, 22" sand filter
    1 1/2 HP pump, 104 BTU Hayward Heat Pump
    Rockland County, NY

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by ericjr7210
    Looks great. Do you have any measurements? I know some will be specific to my coping and pool but just looking for more info on what you did.
    No measurement's.Just did the first one by eye & made the other two off of it..I first made them to long&had to shorten them up..Work's great so far.

13. Back To Top    #13

The saddles are great! I'm going to borrow your design! We have an Intex Ultra Frame, and the cover is so unmanageable. I just logged in to search for this kind of mod.
    thanks for posting the pictures!
    Northern California Inground pool 20' by 40'
    Diamond Brite Quartz Medium Grey Plaster - Islands Sapphire Breeze Tile Border
    Jules Bright Cobalt Blue Blend Tile Bench fountain sheer waterfall descent
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump - Pentair CLean & CLear PLus Cartridge Filter - Kreepy Krauly Legend - mTF-100 Test Kit - Swimmers: Twins (Boy/Girl) 14 yrs old

14. Back To Top    #14

I took a simple route and folded mine in half, rolled it inside a tarp and used rope and bungee cords to hang it from the fence. It's ugly, but I had it covered with the tarp laying on the ground. (which was even worse)
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]