New Intex 16x48 Ultra - Paint Poles Before Install?

Jun 19, 2012
First time pool owner...

I have been reading a lot of helpful posts here on TFP - great job and very informative! I will be using the Intex recommended and supplied SWG setup for a recently purchased Intex 16x48 Utra. I have noticed some concern and some examples of the poles rusting on the Intex Utra pools. I realize a good end-of-season maintenance on the poles will be required (cleaning any rust spots and re-painting). I also read about the use of a silcone sealant to help prevent water from getting inside the hollow poles... interesting idea... I don't believe that should be too hard to take apart for winter storage?!?

Anyhow, to my original question. Would it be recommended to paint the poles on this NEW pool prior to the initial use? I know it comes with a powder coated, rust-resistant finish. Just curious if it's a good idea or just a waste of time?

Thanks for your help and answers!

Welcome! So much good info on TFP I could read for days. Not to totally hijack your thread, as I have no idea about the poles rusting, but...

Although I personally didn't have any problems with Copper but after finding this site and reading up on it I disconnected the power to the Copper cells on my Intex SWG. If you have the same model you'll probably be better off doing the same thing. Also if you haven't found this post yet there is lots of good info there.
useful-links-for-fellow-intex-pool-owners-t29612.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.