Four days after opening...

Apr 11, 2008
UhhhHiya
Started the opening off with a really nasty looking bottom. Added one of the big jugs of bleach on the first day and started the vac....

normal_IMG_1171.JPG

Gotta love how the previous owner closed it down. Yes, that is the ladder on the right that stayed in all winter...

normal_IMG_1177.JPG

Hmmph ... looks like I need a new one of these.....

normal_IMG_1179.JPG

Nice layer of green goop.

normal_IMG_1182.JPG

Yummy!

And now just 4 days later, the water is clear and the bottom isn't gross..
normal_IMG_1189.JPG

normal_IMG_1192.JPG

normal_IMG_1194.JPG

I had a similar experience with my pool last week. My pump died a week before I closed the pool last year, so I never really go it cleaned out when I closed it. I also had a new winter cover that allowed water to drain into the pool during the winter through some very fine mesh in two panels. When I opened it the pool for the first time was not crystal clear. I could barely see the bottom in the deep end, and there were lots of leaves in there too. Four gallons of bleach, lots of cycles with my Blue Pearl and three days of filtering and she is crystal clear and ready for a swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.