Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Signs?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Signs?

As some of you know I am finishing up a renovation project for my pool building (more photos coming soon), and now it is time to start shopping for some new pool signs. Finding the standard no running, no diving, pool rules sort of thing is fairly easy, but what I would really like to find is something about cleaning up after yourself, don't leave wet towels around pool, in bathroom, put up floats / pool toys when your done using them, that sort of thing. Does anyone know a source for these other than having them custom made?

thanks Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Signs?

I looked all over for 'unique' pool signs. In the end, I had one custom made at buildasign.com it was $50. I thought this was high until I got a quote from a sign maker down the road...$270 for the same sign. I just wanted something custom and funny. The sign is 18"x30" and will hang next to our 'notice there is no P in our ool. This is mine...

https://pdf.buildasign.com/viewpdf.ashx ... nt=Preview
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool Signs?

That is a hilarious sign corneflakes
    Especially like the last part about digging your own. Haha

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

4. Back To Top    #4

That's a funny sign.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

@Ike,

I have 2 questions about your sign:

1: Are you going to require the pup to wipe the mud off his paws before entering the pool?
    2: Can he read? :P

@8corneflakes,

That is one neat sign, I love it!
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

6. Back To Top    #6

I wanted to add two more rules, but didn't want to go with a bigger sign.

*No glass near pool unless filled with alcohol
    *If you look better than me in a bikini... cover up!

theresa
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL

That's an awesome sign, corneflakes!

May I ask which type of sign/frame/etc you chose from the site to do that? I may have to do something similar.
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

8. Back To Top    #8

When you go to the site, you can choose the size and then select "make a sign from scratch" and it walks you through what you want. I chose white aluminum (040 thickness). I don't actually have the sign yet. I posted the proof. It is supposed to be here via UPS tomorrow. it's going to be my go to site for gifts.
    Theresa and/or Gary

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for the info!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink: