return pressure

nygreg

Jun 19, 2012
opened my pool a little late this season i have a 16' x 32' in-ground started my filter up and return pressure starts out nice but almost stops to a trickle took the filter apart cleaned the inside dont see any leaks tank pressure holds at 28 lbs any ideas what could be causing my pressure to drop thanks for any help

Welcome to TFP.

Which Filter do you have?
What size pump do you have?

Was the filter dirty when you took it apart?

28 psi is really high for a clean pressure. Does the gauge go to zero when you shut the pump off?

I have a Hayward pro grid d.e. filter i have a Hayward 1 1/2 hp pump,yes the pressure goes to zero when i turn the pump off i did notice that when i turn the pump on the pressure is 22 lbs but as the return pressure drops the filter pressure goes up to 28 lbs if i turn the pump recalculate bypassing the filter the return pressure stays fine wirch makes me think i have a problem with the filter

GC is correct. Your water is your problem. The filter is doing its job.
Can you post a set of test results? And how you got them?

The bottom line is that you need to perform the shock process until you pass the OCLT and have clear water. The pool school article on how to shock your pool is a good place to start.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.