Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sunken AGP and grass/plants near pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Sunken AGP and grass/plants near pool

Years ago I had an 18' round and the PB and installer both advised me to keep no vegetation within 3 feet around the pool. The pool was 1' sunk on the high side but level to the ground on the low side.

My new pool is going to be sunk 2-2 1/2 feet. I know I still need to treat for vegetation under the pool but what about around the walls? Since its sunk so far is there a need to worry with the grass next to the wall?

I see pics here of some sunken pools with a boundary of edging with mulch and plants inside the boundary and I want to do that but I don't want to cause problems for my pool. I have read in other threads that since vegetation (I have no trees in the yard with he pool) roots don't go that deep I really have nothing to worry about. Thoughts?
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sunken AGP and grass/plants near pool

Grass and plants right up to the edge is fine. Just be sure you treat the ground under it with nutsedge killer before putting it up.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sunken AGP and grass/plants near pool

Cool. I was hoping that was the case. Thanks!
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator