Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's Official!

1. Back To Top    #1

It's Official!

We closed on the house yesterday, so I am now officially a pool owner.

The previous owners cleaned up the pool over the weekend, and it's in great shape at the moment, although I checked on it this morning, and the water seemed a little cloudy. Might have just been the early morning light though. I'm ordering my kit today, so I can get started on keeping it up using the BBB method. (I should have ordered it sooner, but I didn't want to do anything to jynx the closing!) The sellers left 4 gallons of Aqua...dang, I can't remember the name now. They are big yellow square jugs though. A bag calcium chlorate, half a bucket of stabilizer, six chlorinating tabs, and several bottles of various chemicals that I didn't investigate.
    10 year old 18x32 inground, vinyl liner 1 year old, 25,000 gallon Grecian, Hayward ST244 Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, Diving board, Side Steps, Koolcrete decking located in middle [s:37hekvij]earth[/s:37hekvij] Georgia.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It's Official!

Congratulations on the new pool/house combo! Get your water tested and see where your levels are and stock up on bleach. That will see you through until your test kit arrives.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Kit is now on order!
    10 year old 18x32 inground, vinyl liner 1 year old, 25,000 gallon Grecian, Hayward ST244 Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, Diving board, Side Steps, Koolcrete decking located in middle [s:37hekvij]earth[/s:37hekvij] Georgia.

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats!
    20,000 gal in-ground w/ vinyl liner; Goldline Aqua Rite SWG; Hayward sand filter; Hayward .75hp pump; 1.5 hp booster pump
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; AquaCheck Salt Test Strips

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrates on the new house and pool!

Here's to many Happy New Memories yet to be made.
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks, everyone! Here's a pic of me on my first dive into my new pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

I got my test kit in yesterday! Can't believe that it came so soon, as I ordered it Tuesday. Anyway, we are in the process of moving so I didn't get a chance to even open it, but hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to test today while I wait for Larry the Cable Guy to show up.

8. Back To Top    #8

Congrats on the new house and the pool!!! We just had our offer accepted yesterday on a short-sale with an IG pool, so I know the feeling!!
    Offer accepted on short-sale... let's see how long this process takes, I want to swim!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Congrats. What part of middle earth/georgia are you in?
    IG Vinyl, 18,000 Gal, Jandy Stealth 1.5hp, Jandy CL480 Filter, Goldline P4 controls, Goldline T-Cell-15 Salt, Polaris 9300 robot. Pool installed in June of 2012.
    Yep, I'm a newbie.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by BKiller
    Congrats. What part of middle earth/georgia are you in?
    I'm in Warner Robins, just south of Macon. Home of Robins AFB.