Hellow everyone, I am new to TFP and need help.

Jun 17, 2012
Shelbyville, IN
I have cloudy water for last 14 days. The color of water is more like torquoish. I have shocked the pool four times where FC was 18, 16, 12 and 12. During last 14 days the chemical level were within range. The pump is runing 24/7. Backwash was done when the delta p was about 4.5 PSI. Added algiside twice and there is aquabot runing everynite. Not much coming out of the bottom of the pool through aquabot filter.

The last reading today are as follow:
FC 3.5 (yesterday FC was 8.5 and CC 0.5)
CC 0.5
PH 7.6
AL 120
CYA 90
CH 180
Vinyl lining with Hayward S200, SP-2610X15 pump., 1 1/2 HP motor
Sand Filter- Hayward-model S200 series, 200 # Sand
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

I strongly recommend that you replace water to get your CYA level down to something more reasonable (say 60 or below). With very high CYA levels it takes astronomical amounts of chlorine to clear up problems. You will save yourself a great deal of trouble by lowering CYA first.

Welcome to tfp, renjhala :wave:

As always, JasonLion beat me :rant: ...here is my take:

How/where are you getting your test numbers?

Two things that pop out at me:

1. Your cya level. It is too high to be practical and will require a drain/refill. Shoot for a final cya concentration of 50 ppm.

2. Shocking...on here it we consider it a process and not an event or a product. See this article for our recommended approach: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Let us know what questions you have.