Hello everyone, my name is Jay and I can use some help.

Jun 17, 2012
Oklahoma City Area
A neighbor and friend was unable to open his pool last year due to a serious health issue. Sadly he did not recover and passed during the winter months. Another neighbor (a fellow pool owner) offered to assist his wife in opening up the pool a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, he took one look at the rather complicated pumping and the swamp like, tadpole filled pool and disappeared into the sunset. The widow mentioned this situation to my wife at a neighborhood BBQ we held to celebrate the graduation of my son and some of his friends. The wife and I volunteered to help her get the pool going and here we are.

I have done some reading here and already done a good deal of work. I will open a thread in the "Swimming Pool Start-Up" section and go over my progress there. If you are still reading at this point, Thank you for your patience, see you in the "Swimming Pool Start-Up" section.

Jay

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Haven't seen your other post/thread yet, but be sure to read Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis. Physical removal of as much debris or algae as possible will help a lot. Hopefully they have a sand filter so you can readily vacuum-to-waste is a lot has settled to the bottom. After that, it's chlorine, chlorine and more chlorine as you maintain shock levels and continue to circulate/filter the water.

Howdy :wave:

Save yourself some grief, order a TF100 with the XL option right now. It will save you so much time being able to measure chlorine at shock levels. Yeah, it's an expense, but your time is worth something, and what this will save you in wasted time and frustration is well worth it. Even if you have to buy it yourself; you'll have a great test kit when it's over.