Aquabot rover sport?

SkidRowe

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 27, 2011
Zebulon, NC
Hi All.
We have just purchased out first pool, 18 X 40 AG, and we also purchased an Aquabot rover. I thought that we were going to get the rover Jr, and had done bit of research and that sounded like a pretty good cleaner. But the PB said they had a new model the Aquabot rover sport and that they were now recommending the rover sport.

I can’t find a lot of information on this unit other than on the Aquabot website where it looks like the only difference that I could see is that the sport is for 40 foot pools. I can’t even find much cost comparisons on any websites that even show a price so I can get much of a comparisons. They are asking $300 for the sport.

Does anyone have any information or opinions on the sport?

Is that the one that has a swivel on the cord? I have a Rover, love it, but my cord tangles up. I read where there is a mod to get a swivel that is in the new model if that is the sport, which I may consider doing or having the local service place do if not to expensive.

Good Luck

Not sure if it has the swivel cord. The only thing I can find is that it's new for 2012 so perhaps that is the reason that I can not find much information. Even on the Aquabot website when they compare models you can't compare the anything to the sport...

I have the pool rover and I love it!! Greatest ABG pool vac ever! The cord does tangle, but the way I solved it is I turn it on, let it go to the furthest point and then I have pole and I raise the cord in the air over the pool. I started to do it with the pool skimmer net pole and then I made a better one. I give it enough slack so it does not tangle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.