Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot rover sport?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabot rover sport?

Hi All.
    We have just purchased out first pool, 18 X 40 AG, and we also purchased an Aquabot rover. I thought that we were going to get the rover Jr, and had done bit of research and that sounded like a pretty good cleaner. But the PB said they had a new model the Aquabot rover sport and that they were now recommending the rover sport.

I canít find a lot of information on this unit other than on the Aquabot website where it looks like the only difference that I could see is that the sport is for 40 foot pools. I canít even find much cost comparisons on any websites that even show a price so I can get much of a comparisons. They are asking $300 for the sport.

Does anyone have any information or opinions on the sport?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabot rover sport?

Is that the one that has a swivel on the cord? I have a Rover, love it, but my cord tangles up. I read where there is a mod to get a swivel that is in the new model if that is the sport, which I may consider doing or having the local service place do if not to expensive.

Good Luck
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure if it has the swivel cord. The only thing I can find is that it's new for 2012 so perhaps that is the reason that I can not find much information. Even on the Aquabot website when they compare models you can't compare the anything to the sport...

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the pool rover and I love it!! Greatest ABG pool vac ever! The cord does tangle, but the way I solved it is I turn it on, let it go to the furthest point and then I have pole and I raise the cord in the air over the pool. I started to do it with the pool skimmer net pole and then I made a better one. I give it enough slack so it does not tangle.
    Lomart 21ft round 11,000 gal 52"
    Hayward EC40 Perflex DE filter
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix with micro timer
    Pool Rover JR ABG pool Vacuum (The best)

Back up pump and filter
    Spectra 3 sand filter/ Promega 1 horse pump with timer