Preparing the Spa Site

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I mentioned to my local Spa dealer that I was going to have a concrete slab poured. He said that he usually recommends people just put Pea Gravel or Crushed Stone down rather than having concrete poured. The main reason was for drainage purposes to prevent puddles that could rot the wood on the underside of the spa (despite being pressure treated).

This is certainly a much more economical solution so I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this. Any reason why it's a bad idea to go this route? Would you recommend it as well and consider it safe?

Thanks a lot!

That's really odd, I would have thought it would be the opposite. Pea gravel and crushed stone tend to hold water more because of all the voids and texture while concrete sheds water pretty quickly (assuming it has some slight slope to it). Maybe building a wood deck to put it on would be better than any of those choices as the water would drain right through :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.