good source for liquid chlorine in northern nj??

ddyf

Jun 17, 2011
hello all,

i've been using 6% bleach at $3.00/184oz (equiv $2.10/gal) from walmart/target. it works very well, but i would prefer the convenience of liquid chlorine (pref 12.5%). leslie's sells 10% for $5.00/gal which is not exactly a bargain. can anyone recommend a better source for LC in northern nj (bergen/passaic/morris counties)? thx.

we do have bj's around here, and i've also seen pelican on rt 10 in morris plains (although i've never been there). i called pelican - they do carry 12.5% LC in 2.5gal carboys for $11. those are both excellent suggestions, thanks very much to both of you.

I can't speak for Pelican but we have them plus a Sahara Pool in Hunterdon County. Sahara has 2.5 or 5.0 gal carboys but ... BUT... it is stored outside in the sun in their driveway!

I have been using Wally World GV for several years and it works great for me. I have a possible lead on free liquid chlorine and may try that if the deal comes through. I have never used it though.

i've had good success w/gv 6% bleach but would prefer the convenience of 12.5% LC.

definitely don't like the idea of storing LC in the sun. if pelican does it that way, i'll look elsewhere. local BJ's doesn't carry LC. one local pool store sells 12.5% at $5.99/gal. i've been using it w/good results for the past week or so, but that's not what i'd call a good price.

Durk said:
I get Buckman Labs 12.5% LC in 2.5 gallon carboys for $9 at the Pelican Pool in Whitehouse, NJ. They also have a location on Route 10 in Morris Plains which should work for you but I don't know if they sell LC. Whitehouse sells a LOT of those carboys, several hundred on hand at any time, so I would bet the other does, too.

http://www.pelicanshops.com/locations.html
Town and Country Pools in Phillipsburg (off Route 57) sells the Buckman Labs 12.5% LC in 2.5 and 5 gallon carboys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.