We have a 22' x 52" above ground pool. Set it up, within a day, it was green. Took a sample to a local pool store, had us turn off SWG, add 15 lb of baking soda, and more salt, and a canister of something "green away" (algecide perhaps?? not sure). It was clear again, but then we had severe rains for a weekend, we realized the leveling of the pool was off after the ground was so soggy. Emptied the pool, re-leveled, refilled, sparkling clean, used it once.
Two days later. Green again (this was yesterday). Got some fancier test strips, pH was high, so we got pH down to put in. Did a shock plus yesterday. Green was a little lighter this am (SWG has been off). The salt strips also say the salt level is only around 600-800 ppm!!! (isn't it supposed to be around 3000???)
Ok, so I got a shock blue packet today, but I brushed all over, vacuumed pool, cleaned filter (a dark rusty color all over that!), and put the shock in. Checked levels about 20 minutes later, pH about normal, alkalinity low, FC very high (expected that) and total chorline, normal to high range.
Still greenish, so what do I do now?
Just want to use the pool!