Prime Question

stslimited84

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2011
North East
Hey all.

When the pump shuts off from its normal run cycle, the water in the basket area slowly drains and after several hours the water level is visibly low in the basket.

Shouldn't the water stay at or near full in the basket? If thats the case I suspect a small leak in the new plumbing letting air into the plumbing.

As a temporary remedy, I have the pump set to run on high for 2 minutes to refill the basket area, establish prime, and then kick over to low mode.

Is my thinking correct on this or is it normal for water to leave the basket? I dont remember this happening on the previous pump.

Does the basket fill completely with no bubbles when running? The suction from the pump can close a minor leak while running, which opens slightly when the pump shuts off.

I too have bubbles when running on low, but the level does not go down when the pump turns off (which, now thinking about it is kind of odd :))

You have a leak somewhere that is allowing air into the system when the pump is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.