Auto Pilot DIG-220 not making chlorine

Jun 16, 2012
dig-220 not making chlorine
When starting pool this year I got clean cell error. Turned unit off, cleaned cell. Had water analysised.
Adjusted water chemistry to following,
cya 70
tc 1.1
fc .5
ph 7.5
hardness 107
alkalinity 120
salt 3200

After turning on unit checked dig readings power level 2 volts 28 amps 5. I belive this is wrong.
What should I check.

You can take the cell to a local pool store and they should be able to test it for you. Given the volt and amp readings I'd say just go ahead and get a new cell. What do the ends of the cell blades look like?

The last time you cleaned it did you acid wash it?

If your pool is seasonal, your cell may still be good. I would check the internal cell fuse. When you power the unit down, and remove the covers (both the front and inner metal covers), there is a 20 amp, white (slo blow fuse) at the top left quadrant. Remove this fuse and check to see if it's still good, with a multimeter or continuity tester. A blown fuse will give you the 0.5 amps and high volts. A depleted cell will also give you high volts and low amps, but it's usually in the 1-3 amp range, with excessive wear visible on the two outer blades.
With the amps and volts that's it's testing at, you're not generating any chlorine from the unit right now.
If you need to, add chlorine manually until you can determine what's damaged on the DIG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.