Skimmer Outlets

Jun 18, 2012
I'm looking for a skimmer outlet that can replace the eyeball in a basic Intex 1.5 inch outlet. I would like the outlet to be around 45 degrees or so to give the surface a more circular flow. I presently have a 15' 42" pool modified with a 1500 gph skimmer pump and a 2500 gph for my SWG, Sand filter, and 50,000 BTU Heat Pump all hard-plumbed under ground. I added another inlet and outlet for the larger main pump using washer material obtained from hardware store with no leaks so far. (my first season).

What is a skimmer outlet? If you are looking for a return fitting, then you can make whatever you want out of PVC from your local hardware store, just buy a 1.5 inch threaded connector and then any combo of pipe and elbows.

The outlet/return is from Intex. I hard plumbed all the way to (but not including) the return. The threads are metric and about 4" The eyeball piece is screwed onto it. I was just wondering if Intex sold other returns for this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.