Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite Current Limiter repair in lieu of PCB replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite Current Limiter repair in lieu of PCB replacement

From what I've read, these current limiters seem to go out on the PCB of these aquarite units frequently. Mine is currently cracked and has been going out the last few months. I managed to get a few more months life out of the thing by gently bending it slightly to one direction. But, now my PCB keeps coming on/off on a regular basis so I know that this solution won't work for long. I ordered a new PCB board from Amazon. In the meantime, I'd like to try ordering the current limiter from Digital Key and seeing if I can't try to get a new current limiter soldered on. But, I am not a solderer and do not want to attempt this myself. Any suggestions for who I can get to do this for me? I live in Arizona if that helps (Tucson).

Also, it seems to me that there has to be a solution to this thing constantly cracking and burning out. It's a poor design in my opinion. Has anyone attempted to contact Goldine/Hayward to see their thoughts on this issue? I am currently on hold with them but will discuss this and let you know if I hear anything of value.
    25,000 Gallons
    IDK the filter
    IDK pump size
    updated in 5/1/12

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Aquarite Current Limiter repair in lieu of PCB replaceme

How about a friend that knows how to solder? If you don't have one stroll down to the local radio shack and ask around. They may be willing to do it for you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Aquarite Current Limiter repair in lieu of PCB replacement

Try any computer repair shop. They should be able to do it in a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves