Helping a Friend

nalai

Jan 27, 2012
Houston, TX
So my friend has a 10k SWG pool, that no one has taken care of in weeks, so it's growing stuff (not bad but...)

So I offered to get it up and running so the kids can go swimming since we are regularly hitting 95+ here.

A bit of info (since it's different from my sig line cause that's my pool)

Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-3 (that needs cleaning)
Pentair whisper flow 1.5hp
DE Filter (very old)

As for the chems:

FC:0
CC:0
PH:8.4
TA:110
CH:255
CYA:0
Salt: 2400

She says she added a bag (I'm assuming 40lb) of salt last Thursday when she got a reading of 2100.

So here's my plan of attack:

1. Add 3lbs of CYA to a sock to get the CYA to about 30-40 level.
2. Add 32oz of MA to get the PH in the 7.2-7.5 range
3. Add bleach to get the FC to >13 and keep it there until we pass all three tests. (Run pump 24/7?)
4. Clean the Salt Cell (4 parts water to 1 part MA?)
5. Backwash the filter (I might be doing this several times), Clean the fins and add DE powder. (should I be doing this first?)
6. Get salt level to 2700
7. Increase CYA to 70
8. Set cell so that FC is maintained at 3-4

So am I on the right path? am I forgetting anything? am I biting off more than I can chew?

Well I expected to do the first 4 at about the same time.

I kinda wanted to skip #5 because it's really old and it leaks and I'm little and didn't want to fight with the monster :)
I was hoping to hold off cleaning the filter till the weekend so that I can con my husband into helping her do it.

But if it's better to do that as the first step I will (I hope I can put it back together again, her EX says it's a PITA)

Ok added 32 oz of MA to drop the ph
Filled a sock with first dose of stabilizer (bought 4lbs of Ram stabilizer) put about 1/3 of it in a sock and hung it in the pool in front of a return) as soon as that one is consumed I'll fill it again.
Added 2 bottles of 6% bleach 182oz to bring to above shock level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.