So my friend has a 10k SWG pool, that no one has taken care of in weeks, so it's growing stuff (not bad but...)
So I offered to get it up and running so the kids can go swimming since we are regularly hitting 95+ here.
A bit of info (since it's different from my sig line cause that's my pool)
Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-3 (that needs cleaning)
Pentair whisper flow 1.5hp
DE Filter (very old)
As for the chems:
She says she added a bag (I'm assuming 40lb) of salt last Thursday when she got a reading of 2100.
So here's my plan of attack:
1. Add 3lbs of CYA to a sock to get the CYA to about 30-40 level.
2. Add 32oz of MA to get the PH in the 7.2-7.5 range
3. Add bleach to get the FC to >13 and keep it there until we pass all three tests. (Run pump 24/7?)
4. Clean the Salt Cell (4 parts water to 1 part MA?)
5. Backwash the filter (I might be doing this several times), Clean the fins and add DE powder. (should I be doing this first?)
6. Get salt level to 2700
7. Increase CYA to 70
8. Set cell so that FC is maintained at 3-4
So am I on the right path? am I forgetting anything? am I biting off more than I can chew?