Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lowering TA

1. Back To Top    #1

Lowering TA

I'm on round 2 of trying to lower my TA. I'm using my eye return pointed up to aerate. It only took a few hours after I added the muratic acid the first time for the PH to rise back up to 7.8. My TA was around 230 & only dropped to 210 with the first treatment. My question is should I only add the muratic acid once a day, or can I just continue adding it every time the PH comes back to 7.6-7.8 until I get my TA down to around 120?
    24'x52" AG Asahi Evolution resin pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Lowering TA

Both ways work just fine. Adding acid more frequently will just slightly speed up the process.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Lowering TA

Thank you for the response. I've learned so much from this forum & pool school. I've had trouble keeping my PH in the normal range. The pool supply just wants to sell me PH decreaser. Hopefully I can get the TA down, and be able to manage the PH easier. I'm on my way to a trouble free pool!
    24'x52" AG Asahi Evolution resin pool