Testing the fc with the tf-100

Bobswe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2012
Cinnaminson NJ
I have a question about testing the fc with the tf100. The instructions say put a heaping scoop of the r-870 powder and it may not fully dissolve before adding the r-871 drops. How long should it be swirled before adding the 871 drops because I'm getting a different reading if I swirl for 3 seconds or I swirl 20 seconds to dissolve more of the powder? May be small difference but a difference just the ]same.

How much of a difference are you getting? Are you testing with a 10ml or 25 ml sample? If the difference is 1ppm or less, I would say consistency in how you perform the test is more important than precise results. If you perform the test the same way every time, especially if you are in the shock process, the reliability of the results will be more important than pinpoint accuracy. By reliability I mean that if you use the same method to perform multiple tests on the same sample of water you will get the same result each time, where as if you swirl the powder 3 seconds on one test and 20 seconds on the next from the same sample of water and get results that are 5ppm or more apart one of those test yielded a false result and is unreliable.

I don't know if I am explaining this well. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Yes, small difference. I know I'm low on fc so it reads .5 unless a swirl it longer to make it pinker than may need 2 drops of the r871 to make it totally clear. I'm only trying to raise to 3ppm right now due to recent aa treatment so will be trying just to raise to 3ppm at first slowly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.