Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, new to the forum, about to buy and install my first above ground pool in the coming weeks.

I'm actually looking at the ProSeries 22' x 54" (retailer is local, and I have more comfort than ordering via internet and dealing with customer service problems over the phone).

Any advice for a beginner would be very welcome, i am especially interested in getting a saltwater system for this pool, any thoughts or experience ya'll can share? Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Howdy!

Check the warranty. Some mfg's will void the warranty if salt is used.
    What size pump and filter are being quoted?

Go ahead and order a good test kit now (see sig) and test your fill water if you can.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    North Of Dallas, Tx

Re: Howdy!

I have a Polygroup pool(Proseries) Only mine is 18ft. If you have to call customer service for replacement parts/what have you, Bring a lunch. Everytime I have called- I've been on hold for around 30 minutes "waiting" for a customer service to answer. Even early......
    Oh and then they sent me the wrong parts- don't even go to my pool.... They did send me the right pins. They didn't have the Frame piece I was ordering, or the Leg caps... Just my experience with them.