vacuum problems II

Jun 17, 2012
need help have a 20x48 intex ultra frame upgraded to a sand filter from intex called the sandmaster pumps great at first but everyday having to backwash due to pressure readings and flow of water coming out im pretty sure im doing something wrong but cant understand intex helpline also when i try to vacuum i hook my hose directly to intake and the pump sucks air then evantually it will come back after i unplug for a few once i get that problem fixed i start vacuuming and i get about 2 or 3 swipes and my return coming back to pool is barley pumping what am i doing wrong my old filter would at least vaccum surley i dont need to backwash every 15mins when vaccuming please help :?: :grrrr:

the water is clear i do acclumate alot of sand from outside condtions but when i come out in morings the water is sparkling clear ill try to take a pic but still until i get it vaccumed is it going to hurt my pump to backwash so much

The only trick is to find all the air leaks and seal them up. A lot of systems are leak free until youhook up a vacuum. A scution side vacuum adds a lot of suction head to the system and a place that wouldn't normally leak will leak air in under very high suction head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.