Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lost My SpeedStir 'stirrer'.

1. Back To Top    #1

Lost My SpeedStir 'stirrer'.

I need to know the size of the stirrer. I've searched all over the forum and I don't know the official name of the thing apparently. It's the white thing that spins. Can someone measure it and let me know? Where's the best place to buy them too please?

Thx!
    Jason H. DFW, Texas
    22K Gallons, DE Filter, In-Ground Pebble-Tek
    Spa that drains into the pool, two built-in areaters and waterfall (Rarely Used)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lost My SpeedStir 'stirrer'.

Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - Poolcalculator.com :lookhere: TestKits

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's a couple more Five Stir Bars, One Stir Bar
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I feel your pain. I just got my SpeedStir. For years, I have thrown my samples through the fence into the field when I'm done. My first sample--bar went, too. Luckily it hit a post. I have to think every time to avoid losing it in two-foot tall grass.

I found the unused small chlorine tube on my Taylor comparator makes a great place to store the silly thing.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Durk
    I feel your pain. I just got my SpeedStir. For years, I have thrown my samples through the fence into the field
    In the lab. I keep another stirbar or a small piece of metal handy... hold it against the side of the beaker/flask when I'm pouring things out. The stirbar stays put against that metal/2nd stirbar... so long as one doesn't do a hard shake

-wc
    Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - Poolcalculator.com :lookhere: TestKits