Advantage Products??? We need to decide.......

May 1, 2012
NC USA
The company we want to use for our fiberglass pool uses Advantage Products? Until we visited them, we had never heard about that brand. They want to install them early this week.

Many of the other companies we talked to use Hayward or Pentair pumps and filters but not this company. We are also doing salt and they have an Advantage salt system.

Opinions? I am having trouble finding good info on this brand. The other brand they offer is Jandy and it is very expensive. They seem to push the Advantage.

Thank you again!!!!!

(PS- pool will be 13 x 29 fiberglass. Approx: 3- 5'9" deep. White in color and 2 inch piping.)

Never heard of them. That means, if you are in the US, it will not be easy sourcing parts for this brand. I would demand a brand named equipment.

Less expensive brands are less expensive for a reason and normally, it isn't for a good reason. Lower cost up front usually means more expensive and less reliability later.

Scott

I believe they will fix any problems with the set up for three years. We figured after three years we'd probably be ready for a new pump/filter set up anyway and could get the Hayward one we wanted. Do they last longer than that typically?

A filter will last ten or twenty years, a pump might typically last 8 to 12 years, though it varies. There are some major advantages to having one of the common brands, no matter how good the alternative is to start off with.

Ok, thank you!

I'm concerned about this company. They won't help us with the pump/filter in future years unless we go with the Advantage or Jandy. The Jandy is very expensive and I'm not sure if it is good. I'm most familiar with the Hayward/Pentair options as that is what most pool companies have offered us.

Pentair and Jandy are pretty much neck and neck in terms of a well engineered, long lasting product. Worth the dollars extra over that non-brand named pump. I also like them over Hayward and Waterway.

Most installers and PBs use a complete system from one, well known, manufacturer. This normally gets the homeowner an extended warranty of at least 3 years. Most of the equipment will last many years beyond that when properly cared for. That's just the nature of the beast.

Some gear lasts longer and some are easier to work on. All, eventually, will need parts. My local supplier for most of my gear doesn't carry Advantage or at least let people like me know about them but the big names like Hayward, Pentair, Jandy and Waterway, no problem on that front.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.