TA lowering

tcmdo

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Hello all,

I have successfully lowered my pH to 7.2 in an effort to dec TA from 110 down to desired 70-80 for swg pool (brand new, three weeks open, swg not on yet). My question is, how long does it take for TA to fall in response to pH drop? The pH dropped overnight with the addition of dry acid. but TA was still around 100. Thoughts?
Thanks!

To actively lower the TA, you have to repeat the full process. You have only done step one. Now you need to increase your pH via aeration so that you can add more acid. And repeat, testing before each addition.

There is a link in pool school to explain the process. It may take many cycles to lower the TA as much as you want.

aa62579 said:
To actively lower the TA, you have to repeat the full process. You have only done step one. Now you need to increase your pH via aeration so that you can add more acid. And repeat, testing before each addition.

There is a link in pool school to explain the process. It may take many cycles to lower the TA as much as you want.

Thanks! Aerating with spa spillway running. will check tomorrow and repeat as necessary. thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.