Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA lowering

1. Back To Top    #1

TA lowering

Hello all,

I have successfully lowered my pH to 7.2 in an effort to dec TA from 110 down to desired 70-80 for swg pool (brand new, three weeks open, swg not on yet). My question is, how long does it take for TA to fall in response to pH drop? The pH dropped overnight with the addition of dry acid. but TA was still around 100. Thoughts?
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA lowering

To actively lower the TA, you have to repeat the full process. You have only done step one. Now you need to increase your pH via aeration so that you can add more acid. And repeat, testing before each addition.

There is a link in pool school to explain the process. It may take many cycles to lower the TA as much as you want.
    ~~ Allison ~~
    Intex 18' x 48" Easy Set Pool, approximately 5455 gallons
    Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Filter Pump Model 56635EG - 635 with Auto Timer
    BBB FOR BEGINNERS ~ THIS IS A MUST READ FOR ANYONE OVERWHELMED!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: TA lowering

Quote Originally Posted by aa62579
    To actively lower the TA, you have to repeat the full process. You have only done step one. Now you need to increase your pH via aeration so that you can add more acid. And repeat, testing before each addition.

There is a link in pool school to explain the process. It may take many cycles to lower the TA as much as you want.
    Thanks! Aerating with spa spillway running. will check tomorrow and repeat as necessary. thanks!