Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Replacement

I have a 24' x 52" round AGP that is about 7 years old. It was made by the now extinct Jacuzzi. The skimmer body is cracked. It is a widemouth. I borrowed a Hayward frame (the part you see inside the pool) and held it up to the Jacuzzi one. The center cutout of the Hayward frame is just a little smaller than the existing Jacuzzi one, plus the Hayward one had several more screw holes. My problem is that Jacuzzi parts are next to impossible to find. If I were to take off the existing skimmer and replace it with a hayward widemouth, I would have to drill some new holes. And as I stated, the skimmer opening in the pool wall is a bit larger than the opening in the skimmer frame... Any hope here?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Skimmer Replacement

Which model skimmer do you have? A quick google search turned up some shopping results for "jacuzzi skimmer"; mostly baskets, but some whole skimmers.

If getting a new one really isn't possible, my next thought is, are there any skimmer manufacturers that have the same size or bigger opening than the jacuzzi? That would be a whole lot easier. Otherwise, you can get a piece of sheet metal and patch the existing hole, then cut a new one next to it for the smaller skimmer.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden