Skimmer Replacement

May 13, 2012
I have a 24' x 52" round AGP that is about 7 years old. It was made by the now extinct Jacuzzi. The skimmer body is cracked. It is a widemouth. I borrowed a Hayward frame (the part you see inside the pool) and held it up to the Jacuzzi one. The center cutout of the Hayward frame is just a little smaller than the existing Jacuzzi one, plus the Hayward one had several more screw holes. My problem is that Jacuzzi parts are next to impossible to find. If I were to take off the existing skimmer and replace it with a hayward widemouth, I would have to drill some new holes. And as I stated, the skimmer opening in the pool wall is a bit larger than the opening in the skimmer frame... Any hope here?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Which model skimmer do you have? A quick google search turned up some shopping results for "jacuzzi skimmer"; mostly baskets, but some whole skimmers.

If getting a new one really isn't possible, my next thought is, are there any skimmer manufacturers that have the same size or bigger opening than the jacuzzi? That would be a whole lot easier. Otherwise, you can get a piece of sheet metal and patch the existing hole, then cut a new one next to it for the smaller skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.