Hayward Superpump Leak

jjtsl

Sep 8, 2009
I noted that my Hayward Super Pump was leaking from the bottom, so I changed the old Diffuser Gasket and the Housing Gasket, and yet the leak continued. In fact, it appears that once the pump is turned off, the water drains immediately from the pump housing (this did not happen before I changed the rubber gaskets).

Is there anything else that might need changing? I thought of the Seal Assembly, but had difficulties removing the impeller based on the Hayward instructions, so I'm hoping there is something else that may be the issue.

Is the Shaft Seal the same as the Seal Assembly? I bought the Seal Assembly already, but am having problems removing the impeller. I can't seem to get a good hold on the shaft with a wrench I inserted to prevent it from rotating, and the impeller seems to be very tightly fastened as well. I don't know if I am doing it right. I tried searching for a thread that has move information on this, but can't find one that provides more detailed info and/or pictures. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.