Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ECO SAVER Solar panel install

1. Back To Top    #1

ECO SAVER Solar panel install

Need some help guys, I have an Ultra frame 16 x 48 Intex pool with the 2650 gal sand filter and SWG. I'm going to use the Eco saver 20' solar panel mounted on my south facing block wall. Don't really have the room for a stand (don't want to kill the grass) and the roof is out of the question. The panel is 20'L x 30"H. I plan to mount it along the top of the wall with about a 12" kick out, think of a triangle on a verticle wall. It will be equally supported thru its overall length. Any body see a problem with this?

I'd love all the expert feed back if possible

Jim in So Cal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 48, SWG - copper disconected, 2650 Sand filter, Intex PVC mods, Aqua Critter pool cleaner, ECO Saver Solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ECO SAVER Solar panel install

Welcome to TFP!

Remember that those panels are heavy when full of water. As long as the wall is solid and you have good supports for the panels it will be fine, but if the wall is at all iffy you might want to try something else.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Jason, not sure on the volume of water it holds but the tubes are small. One vendor said about 3.5 gal/min but I find that hard to believe
    Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 48, SWG - copper disconected, 2650 Sand filter, Intex PVC mods, Aqua Critter pool cleaner, ECO Saver Solar panels

4. Back To Top    #4

Anybody have any suggestions on how to hang the panels