Where do you put the salt? Skimmer or pool

Nov 22, 2011
Tampa Bay FL
My pool is new and my PB is out of town.

I have the Pentair IntelliChlor chlorine generator and it shows that I need salt.
My PB putted on bag before on the skimmer but the person at Pinch-A-Penny said that this is wrong, could damage the filter and I should put the salt on the water.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I put it in the skimmer—BUT it's a venturi-skimmer with the suction closed, so all it does is dissolve/blow out salt chunks. The in-floor cleaners take care of the rest.

Other than learning how to keep sparkly water, my favorite tip on TFP has been to add salt by dumping it on the floor of the pool, letting your little girls get in and dive down to it and let it sprinkle through their fingers, and scoop it up, and swim through it as it sinks back down -- looks like jewels on a sunny day. In fact, it is known as "Diamond Day" and each year we celebrate it! (by the way, Diamond Day is totally stolen from some other poster on this board -- thanks, whoever you are!)

edit: looked it up -- Anna K was the one who tipped me off to swimming with diamonds. She calls it "Salt Day" -- thank you Anna K, from my little princesses who beg for Diamond Day when we put the pool up now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.