Baq conversion

DUNC

Apr 3, 2008
I started the conversion using bleach sunday morning...I have used quite a bit of bleach and still not holding..was 15 when I went to bed last night this morning was 7..it is a lime green now(was brown on sunday then orange) I bought the good test kit can't imagine doing this without it....it is 13000 gallon above ground...am I on the right track.....

Bleach, bleach, bleach. You are on the right track. Everyone is astounded at how much bleach these conversions frequently take. Stay the course and keep your bleach at shock levels until your water is crystal clear. Bleach, bleach, bleach.....continuously bringing it back to shock levels until you have no loss overnight.

I know it's very tough to stay on track but this WILL be worth it.....promise. :lol: :lol:

Thanks....I cant wait to be rid of the baq...it worked well for two years..last year fought it the whole year finally ending with pink slime....have been taking pictures will try to send when water is clear...the green color does seem to be getting lighter this evening....

DAY 7 Still cloudy

I will be on my conversion for 7 days tommorrow...72 gallons of bleach and still cloudy ????? Is there no end in sight ????

It is considerably clearer than a couple of days ago...should I add stabilizer or try something else or stay the course and keep throwing in bleach ...

Thanks

Bleach!! You will get there, the end (or bottom!) is in sight!

You are finished when you can meet these three criteria:

1. hold FC overnight (<0.5ppm loss)
2. have <0.5 cc's
3. your water is sparkling!

Then you need to change out your filter media, and start balancing your water, with CYA, etc.

Welcome to TFP!

In the middle phase of the conversion you should add bleach to bring FC up to 15 a couple of times each evening and just continue doing that till FC holds overnight. The chlorine will be more effective if you add it in the evening, since it will have more time before the sunlight starts consuming it.

I now have a baqua free beautiful sparkling pool...I have never seen it this clear...I am going to bring it back to 15 tonight for the last time, and change my sand tomorrow and start balancing my pool. It took 96 gallons of bleach for a 13000 gallon above gound, it took 10 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.