Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about Bead Track and Unibead Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about Bead Track and Unibead Liner

I bought a unibead liner and also something called "Bead Track" that (I guess) is intended to convert an overlap pool into one that accepts a unibead liner. After installing the Bead Track, I saw that everywhere there is a gap, there would be potential for water to run down behind the liner, and corrode the pool coil after time. I put silicone caulk on the gaps, but in the bottom of the Bead Track, there is still a gap where I couldn't get the caulk. Not only all that, but I don't think the pool looks all that great with a white strip across the top, not to mention, the potential for the bead to become unseated in the Bead Track.

Did I make a mistake by using Bead Track?
    Should I have hung the liner directly up over the pool coil and then put my metal coping strips over the liner?
    Perhaps I should go around an caulk those areas again now that the liner is in?

I've got about a foot of water in the pool now, but am second guessing and want to know if I should go back and fix it (if it needs to be fixed)?

I've attached photos of the bead track, and also how the liner looks at present. Basically, it's just hanging in the track all the way around!

Thanks

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about Bead Track and Unibead Liner

Normally a unibead can be used 2 ways-- one as a J-hook directly over the wall with no coping strips just the top rail clamping it down to the wall.. Then you can remove the top j-hook to install into the beaded liner receivers.. go to this link :http://swimline.com/swimline/installation.html click on unibead
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Dolphin E10
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style

3. Back To Top    #3

Please keep me posted on line fade..I put one like you have in several yrs ago..The liner started fading just has I started adding water with the sun on it.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

So out sounds like I have it set up the correct way then?

5. Back To Top    #5

look's good to me..Top rail's look like a old Rec warehouse pool.Have the same top rail's..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Hmmm... The directions that dremin2flyhi posted from swimline.com say to cut off the J Hook if I want to use it with the beaded liner receiver? I didn't do that. I just hung the liner's j-hook directly into the bead track. I didn't cut anything off because I didn't think I needed to. Did I do it wrong then? Very confusing to this newbie.

Dave