brush problem

Jun 6, 2011
A few months ago I noticed the clear bristles of my wide brush were floating in the pool and in the filter. I replaced it, but within weeks noticed more bristles. Figuring that the new brush may have had some loose bristles I decided to monitor the situation. It is now nearly two months into the new brush and the situation has not improved.
Is this normal?
Is their a brand of brush that is more durable?
thanks

No, that is not normal. That is what my nylon brush did after about four or five years.

Here's more info on brushes:

Nylon is for vinyl, fiberglass, tile, and plaster that is less than one year. (Plaster includes any exposed aggregate and marcite finish, btw!) Combo brushes are for older plaster. All stainless are for algae (very stubborn green algae and also the ONLY brush for black algae.)

You CAN unscrew the Wall Whale from the nylon brush it comes with and screw it on a combo brush if your plaster is over a year old. Newer plaster is really too soft for anything other than a nylon brush.

Purchased a new brush (18" nylon) at Lezlees yesterday. I mentioned the bristle loss to the employee. He mentioned that pool chemicals can increase the likelyhood of bristle loss and rinsing the brush after brushing would lengthen the life of the brush. There may be some merit in that. Leaving the brush outside in the sun may deteriorate the brush as well. Thats my theory. We all know what damage the sun can do.

I'm on my second brush, the first one started falling apart like yours. I figured it was because I kept it out in the elements hanging on the wall. I now keep mine detached and in the bench with all the toys and oyther impliments of destruction. :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.