Need a recommendation DFW/East Texas area

Jules

Jun 14, 2011
Kemp, Tx
Can anyone recommend a company to level our ground? This ground is proving to be a real pain, and at the rate we're going it will be next summer before we get done. I've tried calling local companies, they have never done AGP's and want to build up. Other places I've tried don't want to do the leveling unless you buy the pool from them. If anyone could help it would be very much appreciated!

Call an AGP pool company and ask who they use to install. Tell them you have an old pool you need removed before you get a new one and ask for the installers number. Then call the installer. Installers are usually not affiliated with the pool company. You can also google "above ground pool installers XXXXX" with the X's being your city and you should get a list of them.

Glock said:
Call an AGP pool company and ask who they use to install. Ask for the installers number and tell the company you have an old pool you need removed before you get a new one. Then call the installer. Installers are usually not affiliated with the pool company. You can also google "above ground pool installers XXXXX" with the X's being your city and you should get a list of them.

We don't need an old one removed, the one in my signature is the pool we are trying to level the ground for. We also don't need it installed, just the ground leveled. It seems no one wants to just level for us.

I have googled that exact term, and called the pool companies, I just get the same answer over and over. No one I have found will do it, except the one I posted a thread about a few days ago, and I don't trust them to do it right.

Try landscape companies. We had one come out with two guys, a bobcat, and a transit. Took maybe an hour. They also dropped off a dumptruck full of sand for us. Best 300 I ever spent.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Jules said:
Glock said:
Call an AGP pool company and ask who they use to install. Ask for the installers number and tell the company you have an old pool you need removed before you get a new one. Then call the installer. Installers are usually not affiliated with the pool company. You can also google "above ground pool installers XXXXX" with the X's being your city and you should get a list of them.

We don't need an old one removed, the one in my signature is the pool we are trying to level the ground for. We also don't need it installed, just the ground leveled. It seems no one wants to just level for us.

No, I know you don't need that but some AGP companies are reluctant to give out the information without you buying from them.

Glock said:
Jules said:
Glock said:

No, I know you don't need that but some AGP companies are reluctant to give out the information without you buying from them.

Gotcha, Crown Pools did give us the # to their installer, but he wouldn't do it. I'll get Dh to make some calls tomorrow. If that doesn't work we'll start looking at excavation and landscaping places. We're in Tx, surely there is someone who will do this!

I bought my pool from Sunshine Pools in Mesquite but their installers work all over Texas. I will call and get their info tomorrow for you. May not be anything useful but you never know. I used to live in Gun Barrel and drove all over down that way eve towards Malakof. Sure do miss the country.

Glock said:
I bought my pool from Sunshine Pools in Mesquite but their installers work all over Texas. I will call and get their info tomorrow for you. May not be anything useful but you never know. I used to live in Gun Barrel and drove all over down that way eve towards Malakof. Sure do miss the country.

Thank you, I appreciate that! We like it out here, sometimes I wish we were closer to the city for shopping and things, but then I get a reality check and remember I don't want neighbors lol!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
newnick said:
You could look around at rental companies and see if you can find a sod removing machine. It's about the size of a rototiller that has a blade that moves left and right, used to remove sod. It should be very easy to level out a area with one.

We've actually done quite a bit to the area, we've used a bobcat and our tractor with a box scraper. We just have tons of clay, and it's to the point where we have to use shovels. It's hard and very slow going. We don't have a single shade tree and it is HOT. We can't even work during the day. We give up, say we're going to hire someone and then change our minds lol! It's just tiring and frustrating. One way or another we'll get through it...eventually.

I did a craigslist search for "leveling" and found these listings...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/fgs/3042300689.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/sks/3074949743.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/sks/3083207224.html

I am not local and cannot recommend anyone but these are three options.

The guy that did my leveling did it with a bobcat and one kid holding the leveling stick and a laser level. I have a 21' round and he was done in under 3 hours, which was billed at 6 hours since it was two men (operator and level checker).

One thing to remind the tractor guy is you want them to dig down to level, not to fill to level. The filled area is likely to sink and could cause a failure.

Glock said:
Gah! Clay is what I have. 2 foot sink with a deep end. I feel for the installers of my pool.

Don't you just love Texas soil? I would not want to be your installer lol!

We wet the area twice yesterday, and made pretty good progress. Thanks to rain in Dallas, we had total cloud coverage, so he spent 2 hours out there yesterday evening. He's gonna do a little each night when he gets home until Thursday when he's off again. Hopefully all goes well and our liner comes this week. Really hoping to have our pool up this weekend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.