HP Minimax 400 is not getting up to temperature!

Apr 29, 2012
Hey, guys!

Its me again, and my Heater is finally working! After hours of work, he running now, but he is not getting to temperature?!
My Pool is 62F cold and the heater just give's 68F out! It dont care if i set it on the Pool or Spa mode, in every single mode the Heater just give 68F out!
In my Opinion, they is running very mutch condensationwater out from the Unit ...

It's also Strange, that the LED's are lighting very bad!

Yesterday I also drained all the R 410 refrigment gas and refilled it, but I'm not sure if there is enoufgh gas on it?!
The High and low pressure LED are lighting very bad, but the compressor is running!

It also dont care if I set the Thermostat up to left or right, it will just give the 68F out and the inside copper cables where the gas are inside, are not getting very hot!

Maybe you can help me again? :)

It takes many hours, or sometimes days, for a heater to get the pool up to temperature. Swimming pools require huge amounts of heat to be brought up to temperature. The temperature difference between the input and the output is only expected to be a couple of degrees. Keep running the heater and the water will continue to warm up.

Did you evacute (place under vacuum) the refrigerant lines before recharging it? R410 I believe needs certification, I wonder how you got it? If you don't know what you are doing you will blow the relief plug in the compressor especially if you dump a lot of liquid refrigerant in the suction side/overcharge the unit.

You have to look at the supply and return pressure, ambient temperature and superheat.

4 degrees is a lot to raise the water temperature if there is a good amount of flow through that heater. It takes a lot of energy to move water temperature around a few degrees.

An authentifacted Electrican filled up the R 410!

This means that i should just run the machine for about a couple of hours to see what happens?

ty!

EDIT: I forget to say that I got a small Pool! Just 11-12k liters! My Heater pump got 16k Liters an hour!

If anyone wants to study this specific topic further the energy unit that raises or lowers temperature of a substance is called specific heat. It's a physics term. There is a lot of available data on how to measure how long it takes water temperature to rise 1 degree (normally Kelvin si units) and how many joules are required.

Do you know what the BTU rating of this heater is? with that size pool (11,000-12,000 Litres, 3000 - 3200 gallons) you do not have that much water to heat. Weight wise there is only about 27,000Lbs of water. Even a small 100,000 BTU heater should raise that 2-3 deg F per hour

Hey guys!
It's just amazing!
I got my pool to 82f in just 6-7 hours. The pool had a temperature of 64f in the beginnig. The outsidetemperature was 72f. And the pool wasn't covered and the sun wasn't shining that hard.

I think wenn I got my new coversurface and its about 84f outside with shining sun, the pool will becomes hot mutch faster.

I really want to say thanks to all members who helped me here and in the other topic. Thanks guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.