How to clean floating mats

For cleaning I simply bring the pool to shock level and toss all the toys into the water. I'll turn them over a few times and such making sure all sides get soaked with water. Kills any algae that's growing.

As for goggles. They sell an anti-fog spray for glasses. I myself make my own.
http://www.ehow.com/how_10042_make-own-anti.html

doublewide6 said:
So any ideas on the following:
2. Anyway to stop goggles from fogging up?
Well, even tho I haven't used goggles in years and years, spit is what we used.
Some folks would lick the inside of the goggles if they thought spit was a little too much :eek:

ETA: woody beat me :mrgreen:

I have everything floating in my shocked pool and the suntan lotion and some grayish black stuff does not come off the mats. I have been spitting on my goggles and it works for about 6 laps of swimming. I might try some citrus degreaser stuff on the mats. Maybe a baking soda rub? Any other suggestions.

At the hotel I worked at in college, for both lawn chairs and the floating stuff we had for the customers:
Spray 409 on the mats fairly heavy.
Let this sit for few minutes.
Scrub brush the mats and toys.
RINSE, RINSE, RINSE.
All of the suntan oils, lotions, etc came off - the white plastic was always white. We did this like once or twice a week for a deep clean (depending on use) and in-between we'd spray the stuff down with disinfectant from housekeeping (who knows what was in that stuff! I would let it sit for the time on the can and then rinse it off per the instructions!)

You might also use diluted "Simple Green." It usually worked on the stuff; however, I always felt that it took longer to work and required more scrubbing than the 409.

-WC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The tool is choice is the Mr. Clean sponge. It works great on the white area around our steps and on the mats. I tried a degreaser, 409, and some elbow grease it did not work so well. I also tried my pressure washer, it did not work too well and I could only go so hard. I have not tried to defog my goggles, but that is next. Thanks

If you don't want to spit in your mask, which is what I do, try Cat Crud. I use it in my motorcycle helmet, works well. Says it works for water goggles too.

Oh, and that's cat Crud anti-fog, not actual cat Crud. Lol, that'd get stinky!

There's also a gazillion other anti-fog products you can try. Spit is really cheap though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.