Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 0 CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

0 CYA

Greetings,

Summer is upon us and I have been taking care of our pool so we can all enjoy a good season.

I shocked the pool on June 13th and got it to a level of 30ppm. Our weather has been rather dry until last night, so I added water to the pool a few days ago, hence the shocking.

I just tested the pool this morning and I have 0 FC. It did not even turn slightly pink when added the reagent. I tested the CYA and it was clear as day light. So, I need to add some of Cyanuric acid and then chlorine.

Question: I checked the calculator and it says to add about 275oz of acid. I also need to add chlorine. In which order shall I add then? Is it ok to add then both in the same day/time?

PH is a bit higher, but I believe that the acid will lower it, correct?

The water is not cloudy or anything.

Thanks. Be well

Miriam
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 0 CYA

Not at literally the same moment, but fine to add them a few minutes apart.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I have about 6lbs of acid and probably will need to use it all. Should I dilute in a bucket first or add it directly to the pool? It has been a long time since I last add that.
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator

4. Back To Top    #4

Add muriatic acid by pouring it slowly in front of a return jet while the pump is running. Add cyanuric acid by putting it in a sock and putting the sock in the skimmer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School