Easiest Low Maintenance Hot Tub Care

MisterMister

LifeTime Supporter
Hello all,

I've have a hot tub for a few years now, and I've had issues with water chemistry ever since. I've used this forum to learn TONS on pool care, now it's time to change to learning proper hot tub care. I really don't have the time for "daily" hot tub care. I'm looking for advice and tips on the easiest and most convenient form of hot tub care.

My hot tub is in the 500 gallon range, and generally gets low use. But when mamma (the wife) wants it, she wants it :-D (the hot tub). I am keeping the tub water clear, but I do usually have the white flakes in the bottom. Not lots, but some. I current use the Baqua Spa stuff that Rec Warehouse sells, but I buy it cheaper elsewhere. So, back to my question, what is the easiest most convenient hot tub water chemistry practice. And, I am more concerned with convenience than cost (within reason). I have read a little on the Spa Pilot by Auto Pilot. Good, bad, maybe?? Other ideas? I know situations and opinions vary, but I need a little help.

Any suggestions or tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mister Mister

I have had a Spa-Pilot for about 4 months now. It does what it says. Now that I have it set, I can gor for several days or even a week at a time without touching the spa. I add a little KMPS before and/or after each use (about 1 tbsp/person hour) It has been very very nice. I'm about to do my 1st water change, but the water always looks great and the chlorine level is very stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.