Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: am I the only one still using KD?

1. Back To Top    #1

am I the only one still using KD?

I have had this pool for what seems forever. Family is growing and a 12 foot might no longer cut it. Thinking of a 18 but no one makes a liner to come even close as my old school KD. I have had zero leaks. Too bad KD is gone. Ok my dream...a super thick softwall pool liner inside of a real AGP. It might put the liner biz on notice.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: am I the only one still using KD?

Welcome to tfp, digitalayon

I had not heard of KD pools until you posted...did some searching and I found out that they are made by the company that makes zodiac boats? I bet that is a tough pool. It does seem like you can still buy them, though they maybe on closeout. Here is one: http://www.kdpools.net/index.html#Prices
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

They were the best man.....zodiac sold em to some company in Canada and from what I hear wished they never did but according to their support from zodiac, Intex flodded the market and they were not able to keep a "quality image" for dealers since Intex unloaded on the big box stores. Consumers assumed everything was the same despite my pool now going on 11 years while many are going only 4 if they are lucky. Plus I have a 16 hayward sand filter with a 1 hp Hayward LX pump. This pool still rocks. But will have my eyes peeled for a 20 footer round KD.

4. Back To Top    #4

It looks like the link I posted shows 20 footers for sale...though the price is pretty steep.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

You have a response with a 20'KD pool for sale in the Coffee Bar:

post530525.html#p530525
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!