Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Identify this pipe please

1. Back To Top    #1

Identify this pipe please

Even though this is my first post here, Iíve been reading for the last 6 months. Iíve inherited this pool from the previous owner. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Anyway, Iíve perfected my craft (pool skills) over the last two months and think that Iíve gotten everything down, all except this pipe here. What the H*9v is it?
    [im
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16,000 gal with connected Spa, Waterfall Feature, Cartridge filter, IG, plaster, Zodiac ClearWater LM2-24, 2 hp Whisperflo, Propane Heater & pop-up cleaners.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Identify this pipe please

Welcome to tfp, Frozen Bronco

I noticed you have what looks like an air blower in your picture, so I am assuming you have a spa or spa jets. I bet those pipes is the hartford loop, to prevent backflow of water up the air pipe.

If you describe your pool plumbing (how many returns, skimmers, drain, etc.) and any water features (fountains, spa jets, waterfalls) it has, it might help with the guessing.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Linen,

I too thought it was a Hartford Loop, but wasn't sure. thanks
    16,000 gal with connected Spa, Waterfall Feature, Cartridge filter, IG, plaster, Zodiac ClearWater LM2-24, 2 hp Whisperflo, Propane Heater & pop-up cleaners.

4. Back To Top    #4

Is that a valve on top?

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

That's PVC. No doubt about it.

LOL. Just kidding.

The loop makes sense.
    Science and Math Teacher
    Owner - SPS - part time pool biz
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 23000 Gallons with Jacuzzi (the bane of my existance) pumpworks
    Polaris 280 w/ PB4 booster