Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using debris canister plumbing for pool cleaner.

1. Back To Top    #1

Using debris canister plumbing for pool cleaner.

I occasionally wished I could use a traditional pool cleaning setup in certain situations. Our pool's filter system and skimmer led me to believe this was not to be. I then read about using a cleaner with the hose attached to the suction side of the debris canister housing. The canister/bag obviously removed. I looked at the canister and can see the possibilities. However, the opening in the canister is about an arm's length into the housing and an extension pipe adapter would need to be used to make setup easier. I would plan on using a manual, pole mounted hose/cleaner system.

Has anyone heard of, or used this method to run a pool cleaner? I would like to get more info on the possibilities before spending the time and money to experiment and end up with some useless (to me) equipment.

Thanks for any input!
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using debris canister plumbing for pool cleaner.

For those that are interested, I found this about using a cleaner in the debris canister. http://www.paramountpoolproducts.com/faq/debris.php
    Now I need to figure out how to easily connect and purge the hose.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.