Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Injector, Pucks vs Liquid

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Injector, Pucks vs Liquid

I currently have a Hasa Liquid Chlorine injector, but see that the inline puck injectors have really come down in price. So I'm just wondering which is cheaper, pucks vs liquid, and the pros vs cons for each.
    Thanks,

Richard

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine Injector, Pucks vs Liquid

The problem is that for every 10 ppm chlorine you add via trichlor pucks, you also add about 6.2 ppm CYA. Say you lose 2 ppm per day. That's 14 ppm per week. And adding about 9 ppm CYA per week. 6 weeks of pucks and you're at the upper limit for CYA. Pretty soon your FC is all bound up, your water gets cloudy, some day your pool turns green and no amount of chlorine will clear it unless you start by draining.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Chlorine Injector, Pucks vs Liquid

Well then, I think I'll stay with the liquid. Thanks for the input.
    Thanks,

Richard

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.