Short background story...I opened to a green swamp only to find out that the pump motor had frozen up. Fixed the issue, but I had to wait until June 9th to start shocking. I have been holding at shock level since then. Starting to really get excited because water is looking better and better everyday. Here are my current numbers:
CYA <20 (I added 4 lbs. of CYA about 4 days ago so I am assuming it won't show up for another few days. I am using 30 for purposes of determining shock value because I am sure it was very low to begin with.)
Today while testing the water I saw small sphere of rust colored something in the water. I thought it was some sort of bug and tried to catch it in my cup and throw it out. When I did so, it broke up into many smaller pieces. I was able to catch some of it and get a picture. My fear is that it is mustard algae, but I have never dealt with it so I am unsure. I realize I am not done shocking, but I am wondering if I need to go up to MA values in my FC.
Thanks for looking!!