No Salt Reading

mejoe

Jun 16, 2012
I was receiveing a no salt reading. Installed a new t-15 (compupool). Old Compupool was over 3 years old. Still no salt. I tested salt level with strip and I have salt. Tried the instant salt test and nothing. It has been abput 18 hours since installed. Here are the readings:
82, 32.4, 0, 100%,-0, AL-4,r 1.32
Could it be the mother board? I replaced the diode in the upper right last year.

Still having the same problem. Compupool is not much help. I installed it on Friday and still have the same issues. Now it has turned green so I having to use checmicals to get it back to normal.

The aquarite has been a problem ever since we have had. It sure does not save any money. And always seems to need a part when we have something planned. I am debating on scrapping it and going back to chemicals.

I have got my FC level up. It is just sill green. We have had a ton of rain. So on top of the SWG going out all the levels are out wack.

Based on that only the pH might be high. BUT

Test strips are really bad ... even the pool stores are a little better.

Order one of the recommended test kits and make your life easier.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Get a better kit than strips, you wont get very accurate results with them.

You started by talking CompuPool, then mentioned an Aqua Rite. Which one is it (not that it totally matters, since whatever it is doesnt seem to be working)

Its interesting that your CYA is a little low, FC is high, yet the pool is turning green? Get a better kit, or try taking a sample to a pool store that USES a drop-count kit (my local Leslies does, not sure what you have near you). Just have them test it, dont buy everything on the list that will print out ;) Then report the numbers back here.

Saturday it had 0 FC. I been trying to following the basics.
I have now talked to both (Compupool and Goldline). Not much luck. Goldline does believe it is the PCB. I have one more diode and going to try to replace it again and see what happens. If it doesn't work, do you need a t-15? Used only a couple of days. I am going to try Compupool on a refund or return. I have sunk too much money and time in to the SWG. When it works it is great, but when it doesn't work, hold on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Liquid Chlorine Question

Over the life of the unit, the SWG vs. using bleach comes out about the same. You have to decide if the short term cost of the SWCG outweighs the longer term smaller payments to use liquid bleach. Mejoe, if you are only looking at local sources for SWCG units, you may find you can do a lot better online.

Re: Liquid Chlorine Question

I have had a SWG for 8-9 years. It is great when it works. I have another post on the SWG forum about a no salt reading not trying to change the subject. A new PCB will run about $250.00. I live in Florida, so we have a good 7 months of swimming. I had been replacing t-cells about every two years. Each costing 300 to 400. While my SWG is not working (for two weeks) I have been trying to get it back in shape. We had a lot rain and it turned green over night. I have been surprised about how much bleach it takes. After about 12 gallons of bleach I have a pretty trurqoise from all the particals in the water, but at least its not green.

How about this, work with Compupool and see if you can get an exchange for a whole new system that's not Goldline. The CPSC series are really good, and not expensive. I have the CPSC 48 on mine, and that's what i'd recommend for you. Since it's engineered for 60k pools, you should be able to turn it down quite a bit and get longer life out of it than what you've gotten in the past with the Goldline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.