Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No Salt Reading

1. Back To Top    #1

No Salt Reading

I was receiveing a no salt reading. Installed a new t-15 (compupool). Old Compupool was over 3 years old. Still no salt. I tested salt level with strip and I have salt. Tried the instant salt test and nothing. It has been abput 18 hours since installed. Here are the readings:
    82, 32.4, 0, 100%,-0, AL-4,r 1.32
    Could it be the mother board? I replaced the diode in the upper right last year.
    26000 gal, sand, IG, vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No Salt Reading

I thought I had read something about some SWG needing to be on for 24 hours before they start to actively generate.

Are you still having a problem?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Still having the same problem. Compupool is not much help. I installed it on Friday and still have the same issues. Now it has turned green so I having to use checmicals to get it back to normal.

4. Back To Top    #4

At this point, you may as well turn off the SWG and follow these:
    Defeating Algae
    Turning Your Green Swamp
    Shocking Your Pool

Then maintain your FC level using bleach until you figure out why the SWG is not working.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

The aquarite has been a problem ever since we have had. It sure does not save any money. And always seems to need a part when we have something planned. I am debating on scrapping it and going back to chemicals.

I have got my FC level up. It is just sill green. We have had a ton of rain. So on top of the SWG going out all the levels are out wack.

6. Back To Top    #6

Post up a full set of numbers and lets see if we can offer advice.
    FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

This is an estimate on the FC. I have test strips that go to 10.
    FC 9
    PH 7.7+
    TA 80
    CH 200
    CYA 30

8. Back To Top    #8

Based on that only the pH might be high. BUT

Test strips are really bad ... even the pool stores are a little better.

Order one of the recommended test kits and make your life easier.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Get a better kit than strips, you wont get very accurate results with them.

You started by talking CompuPool, then mentioned an Aqua Rite. Which one is it (not that it totally matters, since whatever it is doesnt seem to be working)

Its interesting that your CYA is a little low, FC is high, yet the pool is turning green? Get a better kit, or try taking a sample to a pool store that USES a drop-count kit (my local Leslies does, not sure what you have near you). Just have them test it, dont buy everything on the list that will print out Then report the numbers back here.
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

10. Back To Top    #10

Saturday it had 0 FC. I been trying to following the basics.
    I have now talked to both (Compupool and Goldline). Not much luck. Goldline does believe it is the PCB. I have one more diode and going to try to replace it again and see what happens. If it doesn't work, do you need a t-15? Used only a couple of days. I am going to try Compupool on a refund or return. I have sunk too much money and time in to the SWG. When it works it is great, but when it doesn't work, hold on.

11. Back To Top    #11

Re: Liquid Chlorine Question

What is the average monthly cost of using liquid bleach?
    I am thinking of not replacing the PCB on SWG.

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

What is the average monthly cost of using liquid bleach?
    You don't supply all the variables but I would say $30/month for that size pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

Over the life of the unit, the SWG vs. using bleach comes out about the same. You have to decide if the short term cost of the SWCG outweighs the longer term smaller payments to use liquid bleach. Mejoe, if you are only looking at local sources for SWCG units, you may find you can do a lot better online.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

14. Back To Top    #14

I have had a SWG for 8-9 years. It is great when it works. I have another post on the SWG forum about a no salt reading not trying to change the subject. A new PCB will run about $250.00. I live in Florida, so we have a good 7 months of swimming. I had been replacing t-cells about every two years. Each costing 300 to 400. While my SWG is not working (for two weeks) I have been trying to get it back in shape. We had a lot rain and it turned green over night. I have been surprised about how much bleach it takes. After about 12 gallons of bleach I have a pretty trurqoise from all the particals in the water, but at least its not green.

15. Back To Top    #15

How about this, work with Compupool and see if you can get an exchange for a whole new system that's not Goldline. The CPSC series are really good, and not expensive. I have the CPSC 48 on mine, and that's what i'd recommend for you. Since it's engineered for 60k pools, you should be able to turn it down quite a bit and get longer life out of it than what you've gotten in the past with the Goldline.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

16. Back To Top    #16

Good advice I will give that try. I foound the PCB for 188.00.

17. Back To Top    #17

After further examination of the PCB, I am sure the board is my problem. I have ordrered from Summer Set Pools. They were the cheapest (188.00). I let you know how it goes.

18. Back To Top    #18

Replaced the board all is working.

19. Back To Top    #19

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School