Thinking of Hydrazzo Clear Lake, TX area

Jun 16, 2012
Hi,

We are in the process of constructing a new pool and were wanting to go with Hydrazzo. However, we have not been able to find any pools in our area that have used this product. We would like to look at it before we commit, but need to make a decision soon. Has anyone used this product and would like to share how happy you have been with it, or not? Also if there is anyone in the Houston/Galveston area that might be amenable to letting us see their pool, please let us know.

Thanks! :-D

If you have picked out a builder who uses hydrazzo, they should be able to give you some references of folks that would be ok speaking with you and maybe setting up a time to look at their pool.

We just finished a pool in Missouri City last month and have Hydrazzo (platino) installed in our pool. Like you, I went back and forth between the various options - mainly bw Hydrazzo and Pebble Sheen.........and ultimately decided on Hydrazzo. My opinion is that the texture and feel of Hydrazzo is really good in the pool after it has cured with a full pool. I also like the look up close as it does have a bit of an aggregate look to it, albeit nothing like a Pebble product. My issue with Hydrazzo was that on application it was VERY mottled looking and does not make the floor of the pool look good - very streaky and splotchy. I did complain to our PB about it, but they did exactly what I expected and simply tried to make me feel better about it. It is very noticeable when our pump is not running, but not so much when the pump is running and there is a slight breeze outside. All in all, I probably would not choose it again as my research tells me that there is less likelihood of a pebble product having that many noticeable blemishes and defects upon installation. No choice will be perfect to meet all desired criteria, just have to pick what can possible meet most of your criteria.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I like the feel of the hydrazzo but was concerned about how it would look installed, particularly the risk of streaking like you mentioned. Our pool builder is fantastic but has not used the product before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.