Installing EasyTouch w/IC60. Any issues to consider?

Craig,

Is this a new pool or are you upgrading your automation? My pool builder did the setup of my easytouch and all the circuits are full. I've got 4 pumps, 2 valves, a blower, 2 lights, and landscaping lights. After seeing your post and others setting up their own controllers I'm glad the builder did it. I put in conduit from the equipment pad to the detached garage when the pool was built just in case some project came along. From there I'm able to pull cables across the breeze way into the attic behind my residential data center. Right now I have a RS485 to ethernet bridge set up so I can capture data from the easytouch command port. I can provide them if it would help Autelis. I've written a few scripts to format data into frames and check for checksum errors. I'm mainly trying to see why the ScreenLogic2 is having problems. I sent it back to Pentair and they didn't see any problems. They think it is noise on the cable but I'm not seeing errors in the data captures I'm getting.

I used an Apple airport extreme and airport express to cover my patio and pool area with Wifi so I can use airplay for itunes and pandora. My receive also has an iphone app so I'm able to control everything with an ipod touch, iphone, or ipad. I just added another patio behind my garage that includes a bathroom, shower, and changing area. Now I'm hoping for a little time to relax and enjoy the rest of the swim season before the next project.

Gee, what perfect timing! Autelis has now released a new firmware for their PoolControl unit that supports both the Intellitouch and the Easytouch:

http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-for ... touch.html

We're working on a couple of minor bug fixes, but it is VERY COOL. I'm going to do a writeup of it in another post. You should look into it. They have some screen pages so you can see what the system will do. It's not yet as extensive as the Screen Logic 2, but doesn't require a connection to their servers... and it works with Android, iPhones, pretty much any web browser anywhere in the world.

Craig

landmark218 said:
Craig,

Is this a new pool or are you upgrading your automation? My pool builder did the setup of my easytouch and all the circuits are full. I've got 4 pumps, 2 valves, a blower, 2 lights, and landscaping lights. After seeing your post and others setting up their own controllers I'm glad the builder did it. I put in conduit from the equipment pad to the detached garage when the pool was built just in case some project came along. From there I'm able to pull cables across the breeze way into the attic behind my residential data center. Right now I have a RS485 to ethernet bridge set up so I can capture data from the easytouch command port. I can provide them if it would help Autelis. I've written a few scripts to format data into frames and check for checksum errors. I'm mainly trying to see why the ScreenLogic2 is having problems. I sent it back to Pentair and they didn't see any problems. They think it is noise on the cable but I'm not seeing errors in the data captures I'm getting.

I used an Apple airport extreme and airport express to cover my patio and pool area with Wifi so I can use airplay for itunes and pandora. My receive also has an iphone app so I'm able to control everything with an ipod touch, iphone, or ipad. I just added another patio behind my garage that includes a bathroom, shower, and changing area. Now I'm hoping for a little time to relax and enjoy the rest of the swim season before the next project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.