Ph last night was <= 7.0

This morning
FC 3
CC 0
TA 20 -> added prediluted 16 oz baking soda
CH 50
CYA undetectable still
Ph 7.2 (after one pool turnover of baking soda addition) :goodjob:

I will keep adding diclor as my clorine addition until CYA builds up. I'm surprised I'm only losing about 1 PPM per day it seems of Cl even with a very low CYA level.

I also noted that the pool calculator doesn't account for additions of other effected items. If you add diclor your CYA will go up but when you use the option in FC level it doesn't effect CYA it just tells you it does. Also adding baking soda for TA raises TA but also the PH it doesn't tell you how much the Ph will raise based on your addition.

I don't know who has the code for the pool calculator [I'm a C++ windows coder by trade] but it would sure make it easier to account for all effects because I had no idea how much 1 oz of baking sode would raise the Ph but now I know.

Slow with the diclor. It can take up to a week to show up on your CYA test. By then you could have a too high of a level and there's no turning back. Keep track of how much you add.

As for the pool calculator......
Take a look at the bottom of the page under the "Effects of adding chemicals". Should tell you just what's going into your pool. :D

You've grasped the idea then. So often new members have added 10x that amount when first starting. You're CYA mark is about 8 at this point. Got a few more oz to go till you hit your goal. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.